Thursday 9 August 2012

Short Walks from Bogota


Keep an eye out for Tom Feiling’s new book, ‘Short Walks from Bogota’, published by Penguin. Tom is a writer, journalist and documentary film-maker, who has travelled through Columbia to write the book. His aim was to paint a modern picture of Columbia and grant his readership access to one of the world’s least understood countries. Amongst others, he talks to the nomadic tribe, who, in times gone by, believed they were the only people on earth.
‘Short Walks from Bogota’ is an eye-opening piece of travel writing. Like many others, I never knew much about Columbia before and I confess, I didn’t think I was especially interested either. But when Penguin commissioned me to produce an illustrated map for the book, I thought I better do my research. A great read and another map to add to my hand drawn maps portfolio. Result.
Here is a link to Tom Feiling’s website, where you can find out more about the book and about him generally: http://www.tomfeiling.com/books_short_walks_from_bogota.html

No comments:

Post a Comment